A good list … Thanks Meg.
1. Getting rejected (many, may times).
2. Not always knowing why you’re getting rejected.
3. Struggling to find opportunities to receive helpful feedback when it seems like everyone else has them.
4. Never being taken seriously.
5. Ignoring trolls and trying not to let their mean comments get to you.
6. Responding professionally to unhelpful, negative comments.
7. Honestly, trying to prove you have the skills to do exceptional work when everyone “wants to be a writer.”
8. Competing with people who have the luxury of working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
9. Competing against people who can afford to charge lower hourly rates.
10. Doing everything the “right” way when there are plenty of people who plagiarize and don’t get caught.
11. Feeling like the work you do never gets noticed.
12. Or appreciated.
13. Not always knowing if you’re doing things the way they’re supposed…
View original post 83 more words